21 November 2017

Review: Of Gods and Monsters: Menoetius by Wulf Francu Godgluck


Title: Of Gods and Monsters: Menoetius

Author: Wulf Francu Godgluck

Publisher: .Wulf Francu Godgluck
Genre: Gay Contemporary Romance
Length: Novel


Synopsis

Go ahead...hate me. 

Slaughter me against the wall. 

I never introduced myself as the goddamn hero. Even labeling me a pussy bad boy.

I'm an imperious villain! A tyrant cut from the bone of the worst kind of monster.

This is my story and I won't change it for anyone in the world, but...

For him? The one who calls me Master… This is no forever fairy tale romance. This is RAW. This is ripping your heart out and trampling it till there’s nothing left but an angry bloody mess RAW.
He was the one who saw through my cracks, who would suffer my pain, blood and tears, working to mend those still bleeding wounds on my soul.

He stood through my violent storm, hiding the battle raging inside him, one I was too stupid to see, that was tearing apart the only man I would ever love. 

It took almost losing him to see that, to understand, to comprehend what he truly was to me.

Mine.

My precious boy.

My beautiful Beo.


Excerpt
“It happened again. Another man seemed to have fallen in lust with me, but this one was different. He was, and will be, the only one I love.”— Beo Moon.


I stood, and turned, “Sorry, big guy, but I got to run,” holding my hand out for my beanie. He looked me up and down.

“How long are you going to make me wait, boy?”

I gaped at the dude, dumbfounded. What the hell was that supposed to mean?

“I can be a very patient man, Beo Moon,” he said and stood, glaring down at me from hooded brows. “But, when it comes to certain things, people shouldn’t test my endurance, or my temper. I’ve decided, when it comes to you, beautiful,” he stepped closer and placed the beanie over my head, “I don’t have any. You will be mine, Beo. I promise you. So don’t make me wait too fucking long!” he growled then cupped the back of my head with his left hand, hauled on it, and bam!

His mouth covered mine as he forced his tongue past my lips and kissed me with fucking, blazing hell-storm and passion. I moaned as his assault continued. The bastard even curled his right arm around my waist, crashing me against his hard body and deepening the kiss. It lasted fucking lifetimes. Grasping him by the lapels, I silently begged him not to stop— kissing him back, hard, and trying to bury myself in his mouth.

He tasted too good, too right, too damn perfect, and I wanted him too much.

“It started and ended with a hippie kid. Marriage just wedged itself in there like a bullet.” — Colt Maxus.

I roared, snapping my hips and slamming hard into him. Beo cried out so loud, Martin was up off his seat, fists clenching, white knuckles at his sides. My eyes cut to his, and I growled, thrusting into Beo again, this time only a whimper bolted from my boy’s lips.

Coiling the belt and his leash in my hand, I fucked my boy, hearing his cries going silent, his mouth pressed against my neck and nostrils snuffling at my skin as he breathed with each plunge. My eyes challenged Martin to dare step in and stop this. I was only met with a single wet tear rolling down his cheek. I sneered at him in victory, taking Beo’s lips like a deranged animal, kissing my Babyboy hard.

Sweat gleamed and dripped down my scalp, and our bodies rubbed against each other. I felt the increased sensation in my sac.

Beo’s dick was hard, straining backwards to his belly, smearing pre-cum as I moved inside him.

His submission was breathtaking.

“Beo…” I whispered into his mouth when he stopped kissing. My boy was slipping into subspace again.

“Come back to me, boy.” I slowed my thrusts, clenching my ass from the torture and the burn as I edged myself. “Don’t go there. Master wants you here with him,” I growled and bit his lip. When Beo’s eyes snapped open, beholding me with soft tenderness, I couldn’t help myself.

“I love you, Babyboy,” I said, not caring who heard because it was only meant for Beo.


Review


Colt Maxus is a Dom who is rude, arrogant, aggressive and is fine with the way he is. He embraces his role of Master at ‘The Bark’ and in the rest of his life with proverbial open arms. Colt takes what he wants, does what he wants and doesn’t give a flying flip about what anyone else thinks. He’s dark, menacing and refuses to let himself be loved or show love. Colt has issues that run deep from his past that have shaped his present.

In walks Beo Moon. A sweet waif of a male who just so happens to be submissive with issues of his own. A self proclaimed ‘hipster’ who sings beautifully. Like Colt, he keeps people at an arms length. He doesn’t want to get hurt by allowing someone in because of what is coming down the line. Even more so, he doesn’t want others to get hurt by it. What will happen between Colt and Beo? Will they come to their senses and find their HEA? Even more so, will they move forward, allow each other in and begin to heal?

I was introduced to Wulf Francú Godgluck and his books only a short time ago. Of Gods and Monsters: Menoetius (Of Gods and Monsters #1) was the first novel of his that I had read. At first, I will admit that the first person alternating POV had thrown me off a bit. It’s a unique way of writing. Yet, it was perfect for this book and this set of characters. Wulf pulled it off wonderfully and incorporated the views of both main characters to the point so we could see and understand what was going on within both Beo and Colt.

Another aspect of this book is that it is a dark romance. There are aspects of abuse and kinks that may be distressing for some readers.

Of Gods and Monsters: Menoetius is a wonderful story of two men who are broken by their past. It’s about two men who, even against all that they thought they believed and wanted for themselves, the Fates had different ideas for the two of them. The world is well developed and the characters were well thought out. There were times when wanted to throttle Colt and Lucifer while telling them to get their cranial orbs out of their rectal orifice. I wanted to tell Beo the same thing a couple of times as well. There were also times when, even though I felt badly for Colt, I couldn’t help chuckling at his confusion. But also I wanted to cry for both he and Beo while giving them both a huge huge as well.

I enjoyed of Gods and Monsters: Menetius quite a bit and would recommend it to others. Thank you Wulf for sharing this story.





Buy Link



Meet The Author


They come to me in the night, creeping into my head. Their voices are all different, their stories all dissimilar, but they keep saying the same thing... 



"Show us, tell us, bring us into your world, and make us known."



Then I sit and they take over. They tell their tales of love, loss and sinister misfortune. Not all of them get a happy ending, but they are pleased when their part is written.



I sometimes find myself lost in my own mind; a world very similar to our own yet so different. Things don't go bump in the night-- they squeal and crawl under your skin, making you grind your teeth, and making your stomach turn over and putting your nerves on edge. Then there's the drama. Oh, the drama!



Wulf Francú Godgluck hails from South Africa. His work is not for the faint-hearted! In his books you'll find... all the beasties with their nasty claws and teeth, and some you didn't even know existed.

But the monsters aren't all real. 

Some live inside us. Who knows what he will make you discover about yourself, lurking in your heart, behind the closed walls in the deep, black recesses where no light penetrates?

Wulf will steal your heart and never give it back. More than likely, he'll pin it to the wall with a bobbypin and sit there sipping his tea while you writhe and squeal on the floor...

STILL sure you want to read a Wulf Godgluck book?

Proceed at your own peril.




Follow The Author








No comments:

Post a Comment