01 December 2017

Release Day: Broken: Book One of The Breach Chronicles Series By Ivy Logan


Title: Broken
Series: The Breach Chronicles Book 1
Author: Ivy Logan
Publisher: Ivy Logan
Cover Artist: Mario Teodosio and Ideascope
Genre: YA Supernatural Fantasy Romance
Length: Novel


Synopsis

BROKEN

Book I of The Breach Chronicles

BROKEN BUT NOT LOST

The dark shadow cast by an ancient prophecy shatters an innocent family, but all that is broken is not lost.

Unaware of her supernatural legacy, half blood sorceress Talia has a unique childhood. Although protected by the love of her parents, Talia is instructed in the art of combat by her mother, Caitlin, a powerful sorceress of the Heichi clan.

When Talia’s family’s worst nightmare comes to pass, her protected life spins out of control. Everything she believes in and everyone she loves is cruelly snatched away and Talia is forced to flee the attentions of a mad king.

Choosing a path of retribution devoid of love and friendship, Talia comes to learn that love can be received even if it is not sought.

‘Broken’ chronicles, Talia’s rise from the ashes and how she finds herself again. She loses everything but never gives up on the Happily Ever After.

Set against a background of time travel and supernatural forces, read Talia’s epic saga of love, sacrifice, and discovering the hero within. Broken is thus the coming of age story of a girl who loses everything only to find herself and the courage to avenge her family. A tale of magic, mystery, and romance.


Trailer



Buy Links



Meet The Author

FIRST THINGS FIRST
Simply put I am here because I am the author of ‘Broken – Book One of The Breach Chronicles’, an upcoming young adult romance & supernatural fantasy adventure. I am extremely passionate about stories especially those steeped in mythical folklore, ancient myths, and legends and suffused with the magic of unique realms and supernatural worlds. I believe there is an alternate universe where magic, mysticism and wonder still exist, a world where no reality is impossible. Discovering ourselves is an ongoing journey. When I write about these worlds, I become a part of them and learn more about myself each day.
A PEEK INTO MY SOUL
I am a realist but at the same time also a dreamer. To me writing is the window to my imagination at the same time collaborating with my glimpses of the world around me. The beauty of writing lies in the mind’s eye – what we see, the way we interpret it and finally how we translate it to paper.
HOW I VIEW MY CHARACTERS
To me every character is multi dimensional. There is no mere black or white perspective to a character. If a person is strong, then what contributed to make them that way? Similarly what are the fears, likes and loves of a character. That is what makes each one of them unique. It makes them what they are. No character should be just a filler in a story.
If a character is evil, why is he or she that way?
If a male character is not the central focus of a story, if he is okay with the girl in his life taking centre stage I don’t see him as weak. I think he is a great guy and the kind that any girl would be lucky to have in their lives.
Looking for the prince who rescues you from the dragon or the lecherous villain should be passé. Real men may not have muscles but they have good hearts. I write about such princes, the guys who are also okay with the girl-playing hero in their life, being rescued by them too.
I write about  girls and women with flaws because all real women are that way . Not  the most beautiful, not the most brave, not the thinnest nor the richest. They find strength in their family, in their love. My girls do not compete against men; only circumstances and the challenges they throw up.
In ‘ The Breach’ my upcoming fantasy novel you will meet women who love and love dearly. To them their family is everything but not necessarily a crutch or a shoulder to lean on.
THE PREMISE A clash between two divergent worlds – one encumbered with the need to follow the straight and narrow and another where rules are turned upside down, forms the central background for the characters of the novel.
MY INSPIRATIONIs it possible to cherish and to love something all your life without really analysing it or understanding why? ‘Stories’ fired my imagination since I was a child….it started with my father, who would spend thirty minutes each night weaving supernatural tales of troubled ghosts in a bid to awe, shock and above all bond with his daughters.
He never realized and neither did I that he was also weaving those little quirks into my personality that later on in life would go ahead and set me apart. During class breaks in school I would share the same tales with a classroom of  girls now adding on my own embellishments, peaks and lows so as to hold their attention and leave them shouting for more.
As my dad got busier and we got a little older the stories seemed to have trickled off but not before transferring that hook for the beginning, the narration, the mystery and the spectacular end. Books and Movies became my magical time machines capable of drawing, pulling, and holding me.
Friends and colleagues would decide to read books or watch movies after I brought to life with words what I read or saw on screen. Even love came to me through books when the first time I met my husband we fell in love over a discussion on ‘To Kill a Mocking Bird’.
One day I realized what I should have known all along – Stories; they lived in my soul. I had worlds to create, people waiting to be brought to life. What was I waiting for? I picked up first, my pen and paper, later sat at the desktop and then finally on the mac and slowly, reverentially with revision after revision, going back to the drawing board a thousand times emerged my newest baby -‘Broken’.

Follow The Author

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome Terri, thank you so much
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're most welcome Ivy. It's my pleasure to help out.

    ReplyDelete